My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011 and New Years!!

Ok so I'm going to try and post a new entry from my iPhone.. Bare with me


So Christmas has come and gone and let me just that this was the best Christmas thus far!! We had a wonderful weekend full of family. Of course we worked all week but my boss (Uncle) was very generous this year and let us off starting Thursday the 22nd! We have off till the 3rd of January! Wooo hooo. Anywho, Friday was filled with finishing up gifts and then of course all the wrapping! Shopping was a mad house and absolutely ridiculous, as is every year last minute shopping. So I finally got everything wrapped and Saturday we started off at my Moms for a late lunch and presents followed by my Aunts house in Keller for our immediate family Christmas on my Dads side. Let's just say we had a packed car FULL of fun stuff for little man and we still had Santa and 2 other Christmas' on Christmas day. I think we need a bigger house already. Haha.

Ok so I stared this blog on December 29th and was interrupted by my son that realized Mommy wasn't paying him the attention he wanted!! haha.

Needless to say Jaxx did VERY well for Christmas and got TONS of toys and clothes. :) We were completely pooped once we got home from my Aunt's Christmas Eve. Jaxx passed out on the way home and I was right behind him once we got home. haha. The next morning (Christmas morning) we woke up bright and early and started getting ready for the day. I had some cooking to do along with wrapping and due at Tanner's parents house by 9am. So I got all of us ready and made a yummy breakfast for everyone then headed to his parents house. I love spending Christmas morning over there. We put our new Christmas jammies on and enjoy breakfast, presents and family time first thing. :) This year the boys brought mimosa's too, which was a nice addition. haha. :) Later we went home, got ready and packed up the car for Burleson to my Dad's house. We didn't get there till around 3 and had to leave at 5pm, but we had a nice little visit. :) At this point Jaxx was over the go go go all the time. He just wanted to take a nice long nap and play...that was it. haha. Poor little guy. I think next year we are going to eliminate a lot of this going from house to house so he can be a happy baby...or in next years case, toddler. :) After my Dad's we headed back to his parents house for dinner. Tanner made a yummy brisket and I made a couple sides and my Mom and Mark came and brought desserts. :) I was so completely exhausted at this point I could barely move. I was literally going from 6am to 10pm...all day. Not once did I have a chance to just sit down and relax. Crazy!
Thank goodness we still had over a week off and I could try and relax and unwind then. :)
Jaxx and I enjoyed our time together during the week. I miss him a TON now that I am back to work, but that's how it goes when your a working Mommy.
That Friday night Tanner's parents took Jaxx for us and we had a little date night. We just went up to Boomerjack's for some drinks and adult time...just him and I. It was so nice. We talked, laughed and had a great time. :)
New Years was a blast. Shauna and Alex brought Aubrey over and stayed the night. The babies were in bed by 8ish and the adults rang in 2012 with games, yummy food and adult beverages....all in our PJ's!! :) Best new years by far!!! :) I'd much rather do that then be out on the roads with all the drunk drivers on new years!! :)
New Years day we all woke up around 7ish, I made breakfast for everyone and were just lazy till around noon. Around 1pm both babies went to their Grandparents house and the adults had a Sunday Funday!!! Out to lunch at Fridays then bowling!! So much fun! I actually bowled the highest I have ever bowled, 131, as did Tanner with a 185. Later we watched the Cowboy game (so disappointing) over Alex's Moms and stayed there for the night. :)
Great way to start off the new year....I have a feeling 2012 is going to be a GREAT year!

Here are some photos of Christmas...

Pappa and Jaxx playing on the pool table Christmas day!

LOVE

Christmas pictures! :)



He was a GOOD boy this year! :)


Cousin Josh dressed as Santa and Jaxx.

Jaxx's new monkey and his matching monkey outfit! :) Thank you Dee Dee!


New Years pictures....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

My wonderful hubby and I celebrating our NINTH new years together! :) (excuse the no makeup)

BFF'S bringing in 2012!

Alex and the babies

Daddy and Jaxx's new year hats! :)

One of the games we played after the babies were sound asleep waiting for 2012! So fun!

Daddy and Jaxx....not loving his hat!

Sweet Aubrey loving on Jaxx. haha.


Aunt Shauna and Jaxx


The Daddy's

Love these two babies!

Good Morning! :)

BFF's hugging! :) xoxo.


Hope everyone had a fabulous new year and I wish y'all the very best in 2012!!

xoxo,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment