Let me back up and start with Friday.
Friday night after work I hurried home to get Jaxx and I ready and headed to Tanner's Dad's business Christmas party. Tom's Christmas parties are always a blast. Tanner's Mom and I have judged the appetizer/desert contest every year for about 9 years now and let me tell you every year it gets A LOT harder and more delicious. Last year was the best, I was pregnant and all those sweets were SO yummy. This year was a different story, I think I enjoyed the appetizers more. hahaha. Right when we arrived I joined Rene' to start the judging then immediately after finishing judging 12 appetizer's and close to 20 deserts we had to leave and head to my company Christmas party. Which is more or less just a huge family dinner. hahaha. We ate at Pappasito's (one of my faves) and it was delicious, I always have a blast with my amazing family! :) After dinner we headed home and I knew I needed to at least start getting things ready for our Christmas party the next evening, but that wasn't happening. I was exhausted, as was Jaxx so we went to bed. Woke up bright and early Saturday morning and I was at the grocery store by 8:30ish in the morning. If you know me, you know that is a freaking miracle. haha. I have never been a early bird and NOT a morning person at all. Anywho, after getting home from grocery shopping my brother came over and him and Tanner went to get our Chinese exchange gifts for that night. :) I cleaned, cooked and tried to get Jaxx all ready to head to his Grandparents for the night. I was so so so super nervous and my anxiety was kicking in BAD about him leaving me for the night. I probably kissed him a million times before letting him go. hahaha. After he was gone I had PLENTY to do to keep my mind off of him for the time being. However, I did cry several times after he left...but realized he is in great hands and there is nothing to worry about nor to be upset about. haha. I continued to keep myself busy and then before I knew it guests started showing up. Little did I know that the Cowboys were playing that evening so we got to enjoy some football before really kicking off the party. :) One of my friends walked in the kitchen and said "dang this is like a high school party...all the girls in the kitchen and the guys in the living room", hahahaha. That wasn't on purpose, there wasn't much room left in the living room and we were more interested in talking anyway. hahaa. On a normal Sunday, I love to watch my Cowboys play! :) After the game everything started to kick off and we started the exchange around 11pm. This lasted for about an hour and a half and let me tell you, it was hysterical....some people get SO creative and then some are pretty boring. hahaha. Lots of people just brought alcohol, which is a nice gift. Then there were those who brought the funny "naughty" gifts. hahaha. SO FUN. After the exchange we all headed to the garage to start some beer pong games. Now, at this point our house was FULL of beer....both fridge's completely full. Well around 2am, someone said "welp, looks like we have to go buy more beer", WHAT?? Are you serious, first of all you can't buy beer after 1am and secondly, how did this happen? hahaha. I personally played 3 games and was D-O-N-E for the night with that game. haha. So fun though, especially when the guys get beat by the girls. hahaha. Anyway, turns out these crazy people decided it was a good idea to start playing with whiskey and vodka....seriously? WOW! haha. NOT ME! Meanwhile, Amanda found me around 3:30am in Jaxx's room holding one of his teddy bears crying!! hahahahahaha. This cracks me up. I may have had too much to drink. hahaha. That was a hysterical story to hear the next morning. hahaha. Anywho, that would be break down #3 and was good the rest of the
![]() |
| My girls |
| Silly picture |
Tanner, Jaxx and I were completely BEAT by the time we got home and had a very relaxing rest of the night followed by a early bed time! haha.
Here we are at Wednesday the 21st...only 4 days till Christmas! :) YAY! Excited to have a full week off to spend with family and friends next week! :)
Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :)
xoxo,
Beth




No comments:
Post a Comment