My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas.

Such a corny title, I know but it is SO true. This weekend we got all our Christmas decorations down...well actually Tanner did that last weekend, but I didn't get them up till this weekend. ha. Anywho, I got all the decorating done and it took some time this year. hahaha. Little man was absolutely fascinated with all the lights!! :) I would sit right next to him while I was untangling a strand and plugged it in to be sure it still worked before putting them up. He LOVED this. Just blank stares and reaching with his little hand to touch very gently one of the bulbs then once he touched one he would just look at me with those sweet eyes with a big sweet smile! :) It just doesn't get much better then that! :) So needless to say, this year was BY far the best Christmas decorating experience! It may have taken me 2 days to get it all done, but so worth every minute with my baby boy and hubby to help me. :) I had planned on getting stockings ordered with our names on them since we are +1 now and need embroidered stocking now, but decided to wait till next year. I want him to have his first Christmas stocking for this year to treasure forever. :) Next year he will keep the same stocking for years, but this year is special and will only be hung one time. Plus it is so sweet, baby blue and small...I love it. :) He is getting all ready for Christmas with all his little outfits and most of all working on his present opening skills. hahaha. He is a huge paper crumbler right now. If you put any paper, napkins or anything he can crumble in front of him you better prepare for it to be pre-tty wrinkled in seconds. hahaha. Everyone says that Christmas really gets fun with kids once they can comprehend presents...but I have a feeling this year is going to be SO much fun watching him tear and crumble the paper. That in it's self will be a gift to him. hahaha. I seriously can not wait. :)
3 more weeks!!!! :) YAY!
Jaxx's first stocking! :)
Picture was taken before our topper was added. :)
LOTS going on the next couple of weeks...shopping shopping and more shopping along with Christmas parties and family time. :) This weekend is pretty uneventful, just getting our Christmas pictures taken along with some shopping. Starting the 16th we are BUSY BUSY till after Christmas. 17th of December is our annual naughty or nice Christmas party Tanner and I throw every year. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this year. hahaha. It seriously gets funnier every year. Definitely a rated XXX party and no children aloud, but always a blast. This night will be the first whole night without my sweet baby boy. Geeze, this may be rough. haha. I can't imagine not waking up to his sweet little smile in the morning. :) His Grandparents will be watching him for his first night away from home and I pray he does well, because I have a feeling I will be a nervous wreck. haha. I sure am looking forward to an entire week of work off to spend with him though so that should make up for the ONE night he is away, haha. They are so sweet to help us with him and I know he will be well taken care of so hopefully I will be able to just relax and enjoy myself. Last year during our party I was preggo, so I am looking forward to letting loose a little for one night. :)
We started our first fire of the year last night and Jaxx was amazed with it. hahaha. Please don't let my son to be a pyro like his Daddy. hahaha. He just laughed and smiled as his Daddy poked at it. haha. I don't know about you, but this 20 something weather is miserable. I seriously loose my breath for a minute walking outside. hahaha. Wish the fall weather would last all year long, but that isn't going to happen....especially here in Texas. It is either 120 or 20 degrees and anything in between lasts very short periods of time. hahaha.
Hope everyone is staying warm! Happy shopping! :)

xoxo,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment