My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh...how things change!

This past week was bittersweet for our house, my sweet baby boy has grown out of his newborn clothes and is now fitting into 3 month clothes! Wait...my son is NOT 3 months old yet, why is he wearing 3 month clothes already?? The sad part was folding up his itty bitty newborn onsies and putting them away! :( I thought about giving them away and I just couldn't bare it! Plus, I want to keep them JUST in case my (one day) girl ends up another boy! :) Which now that I have Jaxx, I really wouldn't mind another sweet boy...but likes the idea of having one of each! :) I tried squeezing him in them as long as possible and decided it was time. On the plus side, his newborn outfits do still fit him!! :) So we are not totally out of newborn clothes, but close!
He now weighs about 11 lbs and not sure about his length! We go back to the doctor next week and I will post all about that then. :) Completely dreading this appointment by the way!! They informed me he will be getting his 2 month shots, which consists of FIVE different shots!!! Holy crap! Not sure Mommy is going to be able to handle all that! May have to let Mommy stay in the waiting room and one of the Grandma's go in the room with him! It totally kills me! Me having this terrible phobia of needles makes it REALLY hard to deal with them doing it to my son! I would MUCH rather then stick me 100 times before sticking him once. I know, I know...it is for his own good, but could someone PLEASE come up with a better way to vaccinate babies?? Seriously!! I also get, "they won't remember it"...maybe not, but I will!! All I know is you are making my baby scream and cry, not to mention asking ME to hold him down while doing this!! Ha, yeah right....I'm not holding my baby down so you can stick him multiple times!! No thanks! I'd rather not have my innocent sweet baby boy look at me crying and just wondering why I am doing this....NOPE, won't have it! That is my thoughts on it anyway! haha. :)
He is starting to talk more and more and nothing makes my day more then me picking him up from whoever is watching him that day and getting a HUGE smile right off the bat! :) Makes my day EVERY TIME! :) Lately he has been a morning person with all his smiles and gibber jabber, I love it! Could not ask for a better way to wake up! :) Speaking of waking up....this morning I woke up wide eyed and bushy tailed from a full 7 hours of consecutive sleep!!! HALLELUJAH!! We went to bed around 10:30pm and he didn't wake up till around 5:45 am!! SUCH a good boy! :)
Here are some pictures taken in the past week! :)


This past Saturday Tanner and I went out for the first time without our little man and in almost a year! :) I was pregnant in August of last year and haven't been out with friends since! Well our friend Justin was graduating from paramedic school and this gave us something to go out and celebrate! :) Well, right now it seems everyone wants to babysit Jaxx, which I should soak up while I can!! haha. I have a feeling once he becomes mobile things may be a little different! haha. Maybe not though. Anywho, I knew from the get go I was going to miss him 10 minutes after dropping him off. Which is exactly what happened. I asked my Grandparents to watch him since they live pretty close to us and they were ecstatic! :) I dropped him off around 7pm and and couldn't WAIT to pick him back up! haha. I think I thought about him the entire time, showing off his pictures in my phone and constantly talking about him. haha. We told my Grandmother we would be back around midnight or 1am and I was ready to leave around 10pm, but didn't leave till about 11:00pm, hahaha. Pathetic, I know! :) I don't know what I found so exciting about bars before....I would much rather be home with my little man then sitting in a loud, crowded, bad service, having to wait in line to use the bathroom...bar! Don't get me wrong, we had a ton of laughs and it was nice to have adult time and let my hair down a little, but it's just not the same anymore! I guess some things just aren't as important as they used to be! :) The first picture above is from that night that my sister took over at my Grandparents house! :) 

Hope everyone is having a good week! :)

xoxo
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment