My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The day Jaxx was born...

OK, here is the story of the day Jaxx was born...finally! haha.

Here we were at 40 weeks pregnant and a week away from my due date. It was a Tuesday and I had my final Doctors appointment before his arrival a week later on the 17th of May. Well...it didn't quite happen that way!! I was completely miserable and SO ready to have him! haha. I went to my appointment and just like every appointment they took my blood pressure and it turned out to be a little high, but they thought this may be from taking my blood so they weren't that concerned and said "we will try again before you leave". Well they did and it went down a little, but not enough to be completely comfortable with it. So my doctor told me to come back in on Thursday and they will try again! 2 days go by and I'm back in the office for another check up. At this point I have been dilated to a 1 for over a week and 50% effaced. My blood pressure hadn't dropped to normal yet, so right when the doctor came into the room she told me to be at the hospital in the morning at 8 am to be induced! I WAS SO EXCITED, but scared with this news! :) Everything was ready for my lil man to be here and Mommy was MORE then ready to meet him!!! :) After the appointment I of course call everyone to inform them of the news and then go home to get everything in the car and ready for the next morning! Then Tanner and I went and had our last dinner before we became parents!! :) Tanner was beside himself in excitement, but you could tell he was a little scared too.
I, of course didn't get a wink of sleep that night and around 6am we got out of bed to start getting ready and I was TERRIFIED! hahaha. We got to the hospital around 7:45am and right when I got to labor and delivery they knew who I was and had my room all ready. I walked in the room and before I could look around the nurse gave me a gown to change into as she was getting my IV ready to get started! This is right about the time I started to panic! hahaha. I changed and then hopped into bed and they started the pitocin for my induction. I took the IV wayyyyy better then I thought I was going to and we were off to having this baby! :)
We kinda sat around and the nurse kept coming in and out to check on me and I felt nothing! Around noon my doctor came in to break my water and by this time I had a room full of family (but of course they left the room for the breaking of the water)! After my water was broke I was officially in labor! I started feeling a little bit of a cramp here and there and we were all just starring at the monitor at how big the contractions were starting to get. Well around 1pm I was REALLY feeling them and the pain was indescribable! Tanner and my Mom were both on each side of me and begging me to get the epidural (still not sure if I was going to get one) because they couldn't bare to see me in that amount of pain any longer! I wanted something, but the pain just didn't seem that bad to have a needle shoved in my spine so I waited. Well they got worse and the breaks were getting alot shorter between contractions so I went ahead and got the epidural around 2pm. Let me just say that epidurals are AMAZING!! :) First of all, it felt like a ant bite and was completely worth it. I felt NOTHING for the rest of my labor, it was beautiful! The rest of the night I was sitting up talking to family and couldn't feel a thing...including my legs! haha. Well around 5 pm I started to be able to feel my legs again!! Um...something was definitely wrong because I shouldn't be able to feel my legs, then I started to feel little cramps! I told the nurse and she went and got the anesthesiologist and he came in and said "Oh...here is the problem, someone accidentally unplugged the epidural". WHAT?? haha. He plugged it back in, topped my IV off and I was back to numb and happy! :)
More family was showing up and we were still waiting...
Around 6pm I was only dilated to a 5 and exhausted, so the family went out to eat and gave me a little time to take a little snooze before GO TIME! :) Before I knew it it was 8pm and I was dilated to a 8 and the family caught wind of this really quick and was back in minutes! Still exhausted and wanting this to be over I sat there just waiting! Then around 10:20pm the nurse came in and said "guess what?? You are ready!" SO relieved and in disbelief that I was about to meet my son!! :) Then at 10:59pm on May 13th, my sweet baby boy was born!! :) He was born on Friday the 13th, which is so special to me. My Dad was also a Friday the 13th baby and he says it has always brought him luck and I've heard that from many people! :)
So my sweet son had arrived and I can NOT explain my feeling the first time I saw him....all I know is it was LOVE! :)

Here are the pictures from the hospital. I am kind of going backwards here with pictures...but oh well! :)



 My room number!
 The clock when he was born!
 first time to be weighed
 Mommy's first time to hold him!
 Daddy's first time to hold him
 Our door announcement, THANK YOU MEME & POP!
 One day old, isn't he beautiful?
 HI! :) So alert at only a day old!
 Pop with his Great Grandson!
One proud Grandpa!! My Dad, step Mom and sister, Kailey
Aunt Amanda with baby Jaxx!

I do want to say THANK you to my amazing husband!!! He did the most fabulous job helping me get through this! Not only was he great for 10 months of pregnancy, but he completely surprised me on the day Jaxx was born. I could not have done it without his constant support! He never left my side for a second (unless i needed ice chips) and kept telling me how beautiful I was (even though I know I looked horrible) and that I was doing a great job!!! Couldn't of asked for him to have bee any better!
Best coach/husband EVER! :) I love you honey!

Sorry if some of this was TMI (too much information), but I didn't want to leave anything out in case I don't remember one day! :)

~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment