My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Almost 3 months old...ALREADY!

My sweet baby boy is 3 months old this Saturday!!! :) He is growing soooo fast and just keeps getting cuter and cuter every minute! I swear he changes overnight these days. We just had his 2/3 month well check at the doctors yesterday.
This is what's new:

- Weight: 12 lbs. 7.5 oz. and 23 inches long.
- He is average in both height and weight.
- Focusing and studies toys, lights and everything around him lately.
- Learning cause and effect with toys by moving and spinning toys.
- Eating about 6 oz. of formula per feeding. All together almost 30 oz a day.
- Trying really hard to laugh, but always cooing and talking.
- BIG smiles all the time.
- Starting to watch cartoons for short periods of time.
- Sleeping in his crib for naps.
- LOVES his bath time.
- Still wearing 0-3 clothing and in diapers he is still in ones.
- Really getting to know and become familiar with family.
- Scoots across his play mat during tummy time (wants to crawl so bad).
- Holds his own weight when standing for a good period of time.

The doctor says he is doing GREAT! Unfortunetly he had to get SEVEN vaccinations yesterday, which was overwelming for me. My Mom (thankfully) came with me so I didn't have a melt down and end up knocking a nurse out. haha. We have such a wonderful doctor for him....she made sure everything was as painless as possible. 2 of them were oral and the others were split up into two needles so that is all that he had to be stuck with. Still too much for his Mommy, so I stepped out of the room for them. When I came back in the room the only person crying was my Mom! hahaha. I felt so bad! I never thought she would get upset since she was the one telling ME it was not big deal! haha. It is really hard seeing him get so upset, though. Anywho, Jaxx is doing great and growing perfectly! :) 

This Friday is Tanner and I's FIVE year anniversary! That is just crazy to think about. It seems like yesterday I was SOO nervous sitting in front of the mirror starring back at myself at the church before the wedding getting my hair done! :) Time FLIES! :) I honestly could not imagine my life without my wonderful husband! Of course everyone has their ups and downs and I'm not saying that we are perfect, but we totally "get" each other! In the past 5 years we have become so much closer and really have learned a lot about each other. Especially now that we are parents, I have now seen a side of him that made me fall even more in love with him (if that's possible). He is an amazing Daddy and I feel so blessed God put us together to spend this wonderful life together! :) We have dinner reservations in Dallas Friday night then not sure after that! We aren't doing much that night though for our actual anniversary, because we are going on vacation on the 24th-28th in Seattle and we want to save the money for when we get there! :) I can't WAIT!! Tanner's Grandparents live in Seattle and they are having a big birthday party for both of them that weekend to celebrate them turning 90! We are going out there to introduce them to their Great Grandbaby and visit with family too. I've never been to Seattle so it will be fun to go and most of all it will be COOLER then the sauna we are in down here in Texas!! :) Can't wait to actually walk outside without breaking into a sweat! :)
I will update again after all these fun events take place and of course post pictures! :)
Here are some recent pictures of little man....

He is ALL smiles lately! :)


One cool baby! :) haha.


Daddy and baby sleeping! My 2 loves!! :)


Jaxx and Meme (his Great Grandmother)


Loves bath time! :)


Mommy and baby! He doesn't look too interested! haha.


We went to dinner with some friends on July 29th and these are a couple pictures I took! :)

The girls!


The boys! :)


Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend! :)

xoxo,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment