My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The holidays are here!!!

I absolutely LOVE this time of year. I love enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee in the mornings while the weather is crisp and chilly. I can't wait to start our first fire this year soon. :) Those are the best nights, all snuggled up on the couch with a fire going and this year will be even better with my sweet baby boy playing around me. =)

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, 2 weeks away to be exact and I can NOT wait. I am doing Thanksgiving at my house this year again. I had to skip doing it last year being that I was pregnant and decided it was best to take a break for one year. I enjoy doing it at my house though, I love to cook for everyone and did it for 3 years in a row up until last year. Really excited to start that tradition back up. I wish my house was big enough for my WHOLE family to come over and enjoy it with us, but normally it is just my In-laws, Mom, brother and brother in law that come over. This year we do plan to make an appearance at my BIG family Thanksgiving for a little bit and then come home and get everything ready for our evening dinner. :) It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without seeing all my wonderful family. In the past years that I have done it we were unable to go because they were having it at my Aunts house in Keller and that was a little too far to travel. Thankfully my Uncle is doing it this year in his new beautiful home in Mansfield, which is MUCH more convenient. :)

This past weekend was opening deer season so my husband was no where to be found. hahaha. He went with some buddies and his brother to a friends land and was gone till Sunday. They had lots of fun and only shot a huge gross wild hog. I can't stand those things and glad when there is one less running around. haha. Last year he shot his first deer and we still have meat in our garage freezer from that. Not a huge deer fan, but it makes some good dishes...if you know how to cook it correctly. :) I enjoy birds more then animals with 4 legs. haha. Some people think I'm crazy, but I would rather have chicken then a huge steak. haha. Just not a huge red meat eater. It's good on occasion, but I could eat chicken everyday. :)
Anywho, my sweet little sister stayed with me and Jaxx all weekend and we had so much fun. Friday night we got Jaxx all adjusted and fed at home then headed to meet my Mom for dinner at El Fenix then Kailey and I rented "Elephants for Water", with Robert Pattenson and Reese Witherspoon after I put Jaxx down. Great movie. The next day we had a relaxing Saturday morning then headed out to do some shopping and lunch with Mom (Gigi) at PF Changs. Yum. That evening we decided to rent another movie "Crazy Stupid Love". This movie is HIGHLY recommended, so funny! haha. Then Sunday we just relaxed and I took Kailey home and Jaxx and I were excited for his Daddy to come home!! :)  
Happy boy!
Cutest baby ever!

All smiles for Aunt Kailey

KISSES
We have so much fun when Kailey visits and love the time we spend together. Jaxx just LOVES his Aunt Kailey. Every morning when she would wake up and come into the living room Jaxx would get a big grin on his face. :) So cute. :)
That evening we headed over to Tanner's parents house for a little visit and to pick up my hubby. So happy for him to be home safe and sound. :)

We don't have much coming up in the next couple of weeks, which is amazing. I love not having plans, makes the weekend that much more enjoyable. :) So looking forward to family Christmas pictures coming up on the 19th, then of course Santa Clause pictures with lil man! YAY, have I mentioned I love this time of year?

xoxo,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment