My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Friday, September 2, 2011

Catching up

WOW, I have tons to catch up on. Where to start....August was SO busy!

OK, so August 12th was Tanner and I's FIVE year anniversary!! Fortunately it landed on a Friday night and we spend the evening together while Tanner's parents took the baby for a while. All the celebrating had to wait until after the work day was over and I had to rush home to get Lil man all ready to go to his Grandparents house. Well, as I was giving Jaxx his bath my wonderful husband snuck in the house and was standing in the bathroom doorway with a BEAUTIFUL flower arrangement in his arms. It was so big I couldn't even see his head. haha. This was a perfect way to start off our evening. So we both got ourselves ready after Lil man was all ready and off we went to drop him off. Once we got to Tanner's parents house I asked his Mom to snap a couple pictures before we went to dinner.


 My beautiful flowers! :)

So after dropping Jaxx off we headed to Dallas for our dinner reservations at Sushi Zushi!! YUM is all I have to say! haha. Tanner and I have really become BIG fans of sushi over the years and have only been to Sushi Zushi one other time for a friend of ours birthday dinner. Needless to say we were hooked. I've been looking forward to one of the rolls they have for years and it was just as delicious as I remember it being. :) We had a great dinner and enjoyed "alone" time for the first time since the baby was born. Yep, you heard me...this was the 1st dinner in 3 months we had been alone for. It was SO nice.
My husband still makes me laugh as much as he did the day I met him, which is one of many things that I fell in love with. :) After all these years he still gives me butterflies and makes me blush at times, I love him more then words can express and so excited for the rest of our journey in life together! :)
Anywho, back to my story. After dinner we decided to meet up with some friends at a bar we USED to regular at almost every weekend, Fox and Hound. We haven't been there in almost a year and WOW, did I feel weird in that place. hahaha. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed with the whole bar scene. I just didn't feel right being there. haha. I don't know if it has to do with me not being there in a long time or the smoke (I'll come back to this), but mainly I know I would much rather be spending time with my sweet baby boy then a room full  of smoke and drinking alcohol.  We were only there for a short while, just enough time to drink 1 beer each and then out the door we went to pick up our little man!!! :) Once we got in the car I remember thinking to myself, "YUCK, I smell like smoke...BAD". I can't believe it never effected me that much before, but seriously my eyes were burning and the smell about knocked me over once we walked in the bar. I guess now that we have quit smoking and haven't been around it in a LONG time, your realize how bad it is! haha. All I know is I'm real glad that habit is over with too. :) The rest of the night was pretty mellow. We just picked up little man and by this time it was past our bed time and I was exhausted, so off to bed we went! :)

On August 13th, my little man turned 3 months old. I was planning on getting his pictures actually done by a photographer, but decided to wait and just do these myself. They definitely are NOT professionally done, but this baby boy of mine sure makes any photo pretty darn cute!! :)
My Lil Dude! haha.




Sweet baby sleeping!! :)
  August 23rd we left for Seattle....(I know, talk about go go go). I was soooo nervous about having Jaxx on a plane, especially with all the horror stories of screaming babies on flights that I've heard. Also since I hadn't been on plane myself in over 10 years and being claustrophobic already, adding a baby wasn't helping my nerves at all! haha. Well we get to the airport and everything is going very smoothly. We get through security with no problems and head to a short lunch at the Fridays in the airport before catching the plane. I sucked down a margarita to take the edge off and boy, did it! haha. I was so relaxed and really was ready for whatever my son was about to throw my way. Well, all that worrying and anxiety was SO unnecessary. My little boy was a perfect angel! I was quite proud getting off that plane, knowing he WAS the smallest baby on the plane and was the best behaved. :) He slept and played most of the time, so it made it into a pretty nice trip. :) The stuartist on the plane, as we were exiting the plane just were in awe at how great he was....not to mention how cute too! haha. He was like this for all 3 planes we took on this trip. On the way home we had a 4 hour layover in Portland before hopping on a plane back to DFW. :)
I'm not going to go into all the details of the trip, I'll just post the pictures I took and they pretty much explain everything we did! :)

View of Downtown Seattle from the Space Needle.

Space Needle

Jaxx hangin' with Daddy

My lil family 500 ft in the air.

Add caption

The crab legs there were to die for.


They had just finished the "fish show".

The flowers there were breathtaking!!!


My wonderful mother-in-law and I.

Jaxx with his Great Grandmother Ashton

Jaxx with his Great Grandpa Ashton.

Rockin' his superman outfit.

Advertising for Uncle Chase while there.

Sporting all his Polo and his "chicks dig me" passy! :)

Lake Washington

Add caption

Jaxx celebrating his Great Grandmother's 90th birthday.

Plane views.




Well that pretty much sums up the month of August. :) I can't believe we are already in September....stay tuned, this month is crazy busy too! :)

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

xoxo,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment