My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Friday, March 1, 2013

Future pro!

The past couple of weekend have pretty uneventful. This past weekend Jaxx and I had a lot of Mommy/Son time while his Daddy was away at the ranch with the guys. :) By the time Sunday came around I was exhausted. hahaha. I am with him every weekend so I don't know why this weekend was any different, but it was. I was trying to find things for us to do all weekend so we went and bought him a couple new things at the toy store.  I had some errands to run on Saturday so we headed to the toy store first. BIG mistake. First off, I decided to just let him walk and find what he wanted other than making him get in the cart. Well that was all fine until he was taking EVERYTHING off the shelves. When I say EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING. It was kind of hectic. Finally we get through the store and he picked out what he wanted. By this time I was exhausted from running behind him picking up everything he decided he didn't want. haha. Not to mention thirsty after all the times I had to say "excuse me" or "I am so sorry". So I scooped him up and headed to the register. We checked out and were on our way. By the time we got the car I felt like I just ran a marathon and haven't done anything I needed to do that day. Oh back up a bit, he ended up getting a new bat, ball and soccor ball. Of course. The child is obsessed with sports. Anywho, we headed to the first store I needed to go to. Target. Well we threw the BIGGEST fit ever to bring his new toys in the store. OMG. I could have kicked myself right there in the parking lot. Geeze, Beth! Finally got him settled down and made it clear we were not going to act like this or Mommy will take those toys back to the toy store. So we got our stuff we needed at Target and then headed to Costco. Meltdown #2 going into Costco. Ugh! I gave in and let him bring his soccor ball in with him (the soccor ball fit in the palm of my hand wasn't a normal size soccor ball). He was happy with that and of course with all the distractions in Costco the ball ended up in my purse most of the trip. ha. By the time we were done with this I felt like I had been run over by a truck so we went home. Plus, Jaxx was dying to play with his bat and ball.
Once we got home my son completely impressed me. I am beginning to think we have a left handed pro on our hands. God willing! :) I probably pitched him the ball at least 30 times over a course of 15 minutes. It was crazy. He would hit it almost every time. The others were no fault of his own, I have to take the blame in my awful pitching skills. It's kind of pitiful. hahaha. I love his love for sports. He LOVES his golf clubs, his baseball gear and his footballs. Not too interested in soccor, but still kicks it around every once in a while. :)

Excuse my excitement in the background! :)
 
 
We played and played all weekend, it was great! :) OMG, I forgot to say what happened as I was loading everything in to the car from Costco. So I put little man in and gave him his soccor ball. Well he decided it would be fun to throw it out the window. OMG!!! I saw him throw it, but the thing disappeared. I looked under the car next to us, in the street, under the car 2 and 3 down from us....nothing. Crazy! I told him sorry, you shouldn't have thrown it out the door. Well..by the way he was acting you would have thought I threw the damn thing out the door. I thought about going to get him a new one, but resisted thinking maybe (hopefully) that was a lesson learned. He was perfectly fine once we got home with just his bat and ball though. :)
The next day his Grandpa came and picked him up and headed to the Stockyards for a little fun Grandpa time. I got SOOO much done while they were gone. I probably could have napped, but drank a whole pot of coffee that morning and was wired. ha. I deep cleaned the heck out of my house and did probably 38 ok, 8 loads of laundry. Felt good to get all that done! :) Pretty uneventful...like i said, but I'll be glad I made a post about this weekend one day though. :)
 
 

Here are a couple pictures from the last couple weeks!


Enjoying a sucker outside on a gorgeous day!


Mommy's little helper!


Cheesin' during his first bubble bath!


Just hangin' out with my hands in my pockets. ha! I get a little picture happy. ha


OH my....handsome little man! :) Mommy's little cowboy!










Playing with Mommy and Spike even made this picture! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment