My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lil teefers

That's right ladies and gentlemen Jaxx woke up Saturday morning (Feb. 4th) with his FIRST pearly white poking through. I gotta tell ya, I was getting a little nervous that he would never get his teeth in. All my friends babies got their teeth between 4 and 7 months...Jaxx is going to be 9 months next week. Really? Oh well, at least they are coming in...finally! :) The first tooth was his bottom right. Not exactly sure how excited I am about it though. Between him biting, chewing, gnawing and putting everything in his mouth on top of the very little sleep I am getting due to these little "teefers", I'm pretty excited for this milestone to be OVER and done with. :)
Funny story though...a couple weeks ago he started what we thought was him showing affection...in a slightly aggressive way. hahaha. He would be standing on my legs and would grab a handful of hair on each side and pull his way to biting my nose. hahaha. Yes...my nose! The first time I just thought he was kissing me, but nope...he bit down on my nose and kept biting. At first it didn't bother me and wasn't very hard, but that all changed when his jaw started getting stronger from practice. OUCH! Well, my Mother-in-law watches him every Wednesday and as I walked in the door to pick up Jaxx my poor MIL walked up and I noticed her nose was completely bruised. NOT KIDDING...my child bruised her nose with his gums! haha. At first I was super embarrassed and felt terrible, but she thought it was hysterical. As we are both laughing I asked her why she let him continue to bite her nose and she said, "because that's how he shows affection, I couldn't tell him no", hahaha. Boy, I am going to have my hands full!! haha.
He is also becoming very familiar with the word NO and is beginning to show signs he knows exactly what it means. For instance when Mommy says NO, he turns and looks at me...smiles and continues on doing what I said no to him doing. haha. My little stinker. I can't help but laugh though, probably going to regret laughing one of these days...but he is just too dang cute! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment