My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Doctors Appointment

We had our first doctors appointment on Tuesday the 14th and it went GREAT! :) They confirmed that I was pregnant (duh, haha) and took blood tests and gave me LOTS of reading material. Not to mention about 30 different types of prenatal vitamins to try out and see which ones I want a prescription for!! Not sure how I will be able to tell the difference, but I guess I will just pick one after trying them all. Which will be a while from now with 30 different kinds and 5 in each pack!!! haha. My wonderful husband of course was right next to me the whole time. If you didn't know this about me already, I am TERRIFIED of needles!! haha. I know, I know.....I better get over that now that I'm going to be a Mommy! For me, that is a little bit easier said then done. They had to take 7 vials of blood and my husband did everything he could to distract me from thinking about it! haha. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I started hyperventilating and tears started rolling down my cheek. I was in zero pain and really tried to not think about it, but just the thought of that needle being in my vein...killed me!! I'm REALLY hoping after being stuck a couple times I will get over this fear and it will be breeze from then on. :)
Other then that, it was really easy and I was in and out. My due date is May 19, 2011, which is super exciting because my Grandmother (Meme) and Aunts birthdays are on May 28th, so that would super neat if he/she was born on their birthday! :) My next appointment is next Friday September 24th, which I'll update again then. :)
Hope everyone is having a great week! :)

xoxo,
Beth

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you to join this journey!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete