My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, August 26, 2010

4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! :)

WOW! 4 years have already gone by since I've married the love of my life. It really is amazing how time flies! :) I swear I fall more in love with him every year...which to me seemed impossible, but we are still super happy and loving life together! :)
Our anniversary is August 12th, which landed on a Thursday this year and knowing we had our "real" celebration all planned for the weekend; we took it easy that night. My hubby surprised me with a trip to the movies once I got home from work....which is a BIG deal since we were going to see Eclipse! I have been wanting to see this movie ever since it came out at the end of June and thankfully it was still in theatres! Tanner isn't exactly a Twilight kind of guy, so it was very sweet of him to take me!! We were the only ones in the theatre, which made it nice because we could talk to each other during and not worry about other people around us! Kind of like our own personal theatre! :)  After the movie, we just went home and packed for Friday so we can get off work and head to Dallas! :)
Now for our "real" celebration in Dallas, I know it's not far...but it's still out of town for us!! I got off of work a little early to make sure we didn't forget anything before we left. Tanner got home around 5pm and he showered and we were out the door! We arrived in Dallas around 6pm, and was all check in our hotel by 6:15pm. Oh yeah, the HOTEL....well my sweet Mom surprised us with a room at The Joule Hotel. This hotel is amazing!!! Seriously from the lobby to the elevators I was in aw! Then we reached our suite...and OMG! Everything was so modern and beautiful. My Mom ordered flowers for the room and had a bottle of wine on ice waiting for our arrival. She is so amazing! :)


The bottle of wine was really nice to have in my hurry to get ready for our 8:15pm dinner reservation. Finally at 7:45pm I was ready and we headed to Pappa Bros Steakhouse...which was unbelievable. The food was delicious and the wait staff was incredible! I think we both kinda felt out of our element, but it was super nice and well worth it! :) Tanner had the Ribeye and I had the salmon, both were amazing! After dinner our waiter brought us our dessert....
which as you can see was not only beautiful, but also so sweet! :) Our experience there was unforgettable!! :)
After dinner both of us were exhausted after working all day then rushing to get out there as soon as possible, so we went back to the hotel and laid down for a little bit. Well....both of us ended up taking a little nap. hahaha. We were planning to meet up with some friends and my Mom at some point. Well, my Mom ended up calling and waking us up around midnight and we hurried to change and get out the door for 2 hour on the town. We ended up just hanging around some low key bars and having a couple of drinks, which was nice! Then back to the hotel for the night. We woke up the next morning and went up to the pool. Not alot of people were up there yet being 10am, but apparently that was the place to be! haha. The pool hangs off the side of the building and all around is a bunch of cabana's and a full bar as you walk in the pool area. Loved it!
That pretty much concluded our stay in Dallas for our anniversary, but it was absolutelyy everything and more that we were expecting! :) Another wonderful year with my hubby! :) We have already started looking into a vacation for next year...the big FIVE year! :) Can't wait! :)


                 Here is a couple more pictures of our room! :)


       
This was right when you walked in.



The amazing shower! REALLY want one at home! ha!
Mini bar with fridge underneath.
Sitting area
Excuse my hubby, haha. View from foot of bed.

The bathroom sink...with all my junk!!!

xoxo,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment