My Lil Family

My Lil Family

Handsome 8 year old

Handsome 8 year old

We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. – I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Very interesting past couple of days

So I thought it was a good idea to think everything I read on the Internet is correct, which I found out is not always the case. I know every pregnancy is different...so how could that be in the first place?!?! Well, I decided to get online and see when I could find out by a home pregnancy test if I was pregnant or not. The date came out as June 11th, which was last Friday. I was SUPER excited to get home that evening and see what the outcome was...even though in the back of my head I was sure it was another negative. Instead, it was positive!! I couldn't BELIEVE it! I seriously could barely breath from excitement and immediately called my husband to give him the news. Ok...so I MAY have called several others as well, but how do you keep that kind of wonderful news in for a long period of time?? My husband came home and we were both on cloud nine and started talking about everything there was to do!! Then, one of my friends suggested that I take another one, just to be sure because she thought it was a little early to give me an accurate reading. Well still elated from the positive, I took another test and that one came out negative. Of course the excitement was a tad bit less at that point, but I refused to believe the negative test and went on with my evening. I bet I bought 4 or 5 boxes of different brands and types of tests and took them over a span of...well till yesterday (5 days), they all were negative. I guess I wanted it SOOO bad, that I could NOT rap my head around not being pregnant. I continued everyday praying, wondering and hoping to not start my cycle so I can go to the Doctor and get a definite confirmation. Then today....my cycle started!! Total disappointment, but slightly expected...if that makes any sense. So we have come to the conclusion that my false positive was from the HCG diet I was on 2 weeks ago. They are drops you put under your tongue 3 times a day and it tricks your body into thinking you are pregnant which in turn burns twice the calories a day. Well, the HCG hormone is what home pregnancy tests detect to determine if you are pregnant or not. Unfortunately, after a week of being off of this diet and only being on it for a week the test still detected this hormone in my body and gave me a positive reading. We suspected this from the moment we got that first negative, but I really didn't think that small amount would last that long in my body and actually effect the test. Then again I was making every excuse I could to make it real! haha. I'm OK with it though....I know when God wants me to be a Mommy, it will happen. I will just continue to pray and have faith in Him!! :)
On a positive note, it is my husbands birthday this weekend so I will get to celebrate BIG with him and our friends for one more of his birthdays!! :)



"Being positive is finding the good in every situation. At times that can be challenging, and certain situations that seems impossible, but there is good you just have to find it. And once you find it, then stay focused on it. Your life will seem much happier and more fulfilling if your attitude is one that is focused on the positive things in life." -Unknown






xoxo



-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment