Ok, so I started this post last week and never finished it up, so I'm just going to continue where I left off....
Here we are at 36, almost 37 weeks along and just waiting to meet our sweet little prince! :) We have already had one false alarm on Tuesday of this week. Monday night I had the worst headache I have ever had. It was so bad I couldn't lay my head on the pillow. I finally got up around 5am and headed to CVS to get some headache medicine and hopefully get some sleep before going into work. Well, the Tylenol worked it's magic and I slept from about 6am to 10am and then got up and headed into work. When I told my Mom about what happened she was adimate that I call the doctor and tell them, just for both of our peace of mind. So I called the doctor once I got into work and they instructed me to head to labor and delivery. WHAT?? I automatically started panicking. I wasn't ready for this, I don't have my bag with me nor his car seat!! All I could thing of was, I am NOT ready for this today! haha. So I called my husband and told him the news and his reaction was exactly what I expected. "WHAT? Are you serious? Ok, Ok...I'm on my way!" He was all caught up in what he was doing at work and that was the last thing he was expecting me to say! haha.
Once we arrived at the hospital I could feel my blood pressure rising by the minute. We went into triage and they got me all hooked up to all this fun equipment to monitor my blood pressure and the baby. They also took some blood to check for preclampcia, which is caused by high blood pressure and the fact that I was swollen was a red flag as well. All my tests came back normal and good and the baby had a A++ report so they released me. It was a nice rehearsal for when the BIG day does get here! haha. So he isn't quite ready to come out just yet, but I have a feeling it's very soon! :)
Let me back track a little to 2 weekends ago when I had my 2nd baby shower, it was amazing. 16 of my mother-in-laws friends through me a beautiful shower/luncheon at a country club and everything was decorated so cute and the food was amazing! Jaxx got lots of wonderful gifts from all these sweet ladies, but unfortunately I failed to get pictures of anything! I was pretty busy the whole time and totally forgot about taking pictures. Which is so unlike me. haha. I'm almost positive my Grandmother got some pictures, but I haven't seen them just yet. :) The following weekend Shauna, one of my best friends came over to take some maternity pictures of me. She is very talented and creative and had done her baby girls newborn pictures that turned out so precious. So, she offered to do my maternity pictures and they turned out awesome! :)
I am pretty swollen so they aren't the best pictures of me, but I love them! :)
Now here I am at 37 weeks and considered full term! Hallelujah!!! haha. It won't be long now! :) Still working...or trying to work as much as possible. Sleeping is pretty impossible these days. I have been having contractions since Saturday night off and on, but nothing hospital worthy. Probably just preterm labor pains. :) I did go to the doctor yesterday and she said now that I am full term to not come to the hospital until my contractions are 5 minutes apart for 2 hours. WOW....that sounds like a blast, huh? haha. So basically now we are playing the waiting game to see when our lil man is ready to come into the world! :) There are lots of family and friends just waiting for the phone call!! :)
Can't wait for the BIG day! :)
Hope everyone is having a good week! :)
xoxo
Beth
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment